Pre-Op and Post-Op Instructions
Before Your Surgery or Procedure
Sometime before your procedure date, a staff member from this facility will attempt to call you to confirm your appointment time. If you can't be reached by phone, please be sure to call the center no later than the day before surgery.They will also ask you questions regarding current or past medical conditions, allergies and medications you are taking. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have and be sure to let the staff know of any special needs.
Important Pre-Procedure Instructions:
- Arrive at Tri-City Surgery Center at least one hour prior to your scheduled surgery time
- Bring your medical insurance card(s), government issued photo identification and reading glasses if needed.
- Complete and bring the enclosed Patient Questionnaire with you on day of surgery
- Avoid bringing valuables to surgery center, we cannot be responsible for the care of these items, however, TCSC does provide lockers for your convenience
- If you are receiving sedation anesthesia you will not be allowed to drive yourself home, please make transportation arrangements prior to your scheduled surgery
- Please shower or bathe the evening before the day of your surgery
- Wear comfortable clothing that will accommodate a dressing on your surgical site. You be required to change into a hospital gown before your procedure, then change back into your own clothes before discharge
- Please remove all jewelry, body piercings and cosmetic contacts prior to arrival to the surgery center
- Do not wear makeup or fingernail polish on the day of surgery. If you are having surgery anywhere on the lower extremities (leg, knee, hip, ankle, or foot), do not wear toenail polish
- Follow your doctor's medication instructions. If you use an inhaler, please bring it with you
- If you think you could be pregnant, inform your surgeon and/or a Tri-City Surgery Center employee as soon as possible
- Unless otherwise instructed by your surgeon's office, do NOT eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your surgery. You may brush your teeth and rinse your mouth. It is very important that you have an empty stomach prior to receiving anesthesia. Nothing should be taken by mouth for at least eight hours before your surgery (includes candy, gum & mints). THIS IS FOR YOUR SAFETY
- Do not shave the surgery site yourself before surgery. Nicks, cuts, scratches and rashes may cause your surgery to be cancelled
- Notify your surgeon if you develop a cold, sore throat, cough, fever or any illness prior to surgery
- DO NOT smoke the morning prior to your surgery
- Please contact the surgery center if you have any questions, comments or concerns Monday through Thursday 7:00am – 5:00pm at (928)445-1919.
In the Recovery Area:
- After procedure, you will be moved to the recovery area where you will be closely monitored until you are ready to go home.
- When you awake, your family will be able to join you. Although the times vary, most patients are discharged one hour after surgery.
- It is normal to feel discomfort in the area of your surgery. You may also experience some drowsiness or dizziness, depending on the type of anesthesia you received
At Home After Your Procedure:
- Your surgeon will provide specific instructions for care while recovering at home. In the event of any difficulty, please call your surgeon.
- For the first 24 hours following your procedure, do not engage in strenuous activities, drink alcoholic beverages, drive or make critical decisions.
- A nurse from the facility will attempt to call you within a day or two to evaluate how you are recovering at home.
- You will be asked to complete a patient survey about the care you received. Your comments will enable us to continue to improve our services.